Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Details scare me

Well, we have the venue, my dress, and the bridesmaids' dresses. We've met with the photographer and the caterer and asked our officiators. We've sent out the save the dates, created a wedding website (and blog) and registered at Target, and Macy's.

And now... it's onto the small stuff. And I am terrified. I just know that I'm going to regret all of my decisions a week after they're finalized, buy not enough or waaay too much of something (or everything), or actually love everything only to find out that everyone else hates it all. As of right now, these are some things I'm liking for various reasons:








(Basically all found either via Pinterest or my momma--if you know where these images came from, please tell me!)

A couple things I know: I want our guests to feel comfortable and relaxed, and our budget is about 1/100th of the average Joe's (Jane's?) wedding. Luckily, to me at least, those two things go hand in hand. Trev and I don't care so much about having a big, expensive, fussy wedding. We just want to celebrate the start of our marriage with our friends and family. I know things are going to begin to feel stressful right about now, but I also know that all of this planning is really just one day in our lives, and even if everything goes wrong, after it's all said and done, I still get to marry my best friend.

3 comments:

  1. wow look how much you have already done! so proud of you :)
    and the next few months will be stressful, but fun.
    i love those pictures too; they make me think your wedding will be a slightly hipster slightly woodland fairy mesh of awesome! and i can't wait.
    also, i have been hanging out on your bed a lot because it's way more comfortable than mine! this is what happens when you leave me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding will be beautiful and sweet because you are beautiful and sweet!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - my favorite idea for centerpieces is the last picture above - flowers with limes and a rafia bow.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete