Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Why I love Vistaprint

Ordered the invitations and RSVPs today! Scariest moment of my life. Seriously. I do not know what I will do if they don't turn out.

I hate online shopping. HATE it. I will never be one of those girls that can browse online through pages of dresses and shoes. I love shopping, but I do it in person, where there are fitting rooms and mirrors, the way the good Lord intended it.

So needless to say, creating and ordering invitations online terrified me. Terrifies, actually. Vistaprint offers a print proof for a couple dollars, but that really only helps with the layout, since I can't print on their specific paper or linen finish.

However, I am a bride on a serious budget, and Vistaprint does wonders in that area. Remember this post where I talked about most invitations being crazy expensive? Well there's a good reason for that... they're professional. But once I decided to relinquish that expense in favor of other things, it was just a matter of the best deals.


My favorite line is that bottom one. See that? We saved MORE than we even spent! I'm pretty excited about it. I wish I took a screenshot of the breakdown of all the discounts, but I didn't think of it. It was strange that I had to buy in weird increments that were different for each product (hence the extra 50 RSVPs). At least we have a lot of extra for each.

The initial price wasn't bad at all. ($203 for 200 custom designed invitations and envelopes and 250 RSVP cards? Yes please!) Then I ended up finding a deal of 50% off the entire order plus free shipping since this was my first order through Vistaprint. (The order has to be at least $50 for the deal.) Thank you, Google.

So yeah... at a price like that, it doesn't matter so much what the invitations look like. ....Right?

1 comment: