Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Updates & news

Update 1: I picked up my dress yesterday! GAHH. It was such a fun mini road trip with 3/4ths of the bridesmaids (who were willing to leave at 6:30am... told you they were amazing), and we met my mom and grandma there. It's so much better in white, let me tell you. It still needs to be altered, and when that's done I'll be over the moon. We took it with us (well, my mom took it with her) to be altered in Bakersfield. That we can stop awkwardly meeting in Valencia (although we did get to meet up with David, Anne and Hallie's family for lunch!). I'll be in Bakersfield the last month and a half before the wedding anyway.

Update 2: The invitations and RSVPs were shipped! The estimated arrival date is this Thursday (which also happens to be our SEVEN year anniversary! woot) I'm excited... and still pretty nervous.

News 1: So let's talk about shoes. I've known since we booked the venue that I needed flats (a grass lawn and heels do not go well) and that I wanted shoes I would wear again. I also didn't necessarily want them to be on the fancier end, because I wanted shoes I could get my money's worth out of. I fell in love with these a while back:

...because they're pretty and I would wear them all the time. But they're discontinued, which makes things complicated, and then I realized that they're kind of off-white anyway so I let those go. So for Christmas, Santa got me these:
It's hard to tell, but they're glittery! They're wonderful, and I was so excited. But they were a half size too small, and since I had to exchange them anyway I started to think that maybe I wanted to get something that I would wear again (because I'd feel bold enough to wear these on my wedding day, but most days I don't think I can pull off glitter TOMS). And that is how I landed with these:
I COULD NOT be more happy. They're part of a new line of TOMS that were just released. They're beautiful and comfortable and I will wear them all the time after the wedding. Have I mentioned yet how great my mom is?

News 2: We bought our wedding bands on Friday! HOLY COW. We bought them very early (the all-knowing Knot timeline says 2 months out is fine) but we had a 20% off coupon that expired today, and we knew what we wanted so we did it! They should be here in a couple weeks. They had to be sent off to get resized (apparently I have very small fingers, who knew) and engraved. It still feels unreal. Couldn't be happier.

It's strange that with all of these things going on, I still have to go to school and do homework. Strange and frustrating... But it'll all be worth it in the end.

132 days people... 132 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment