Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

7

Today was the Super Bowl. Seven years ago on the day of the Super Bowl, I sat on the couch next to a cute boy to watch the game. I sat there for hours next to him, scared to get up to get food or go to the bathroom, because every once in a while our arms would touch and it would make my whole left side tingle, and I didn't want to risk coming back to find my spot next to him taken. I noted the fact that he didn't seem to want to get up either, and tried to keep myself from thinking anything of it... but three days later he asked for my phone number. And six and a half years later he asked for my hand in marriage.

Thursday, February 9th, is our seven year anniversary. Today was our seventh Super Bowl together. I sat next to this boy today on a different couch watching the game and thought about how my left arm doesn't always tingle when it touches him anymore. That might sound sad, and sometimes I feel disappointed about it, but the truth is I have more than just that now. Now, seven years later, I have trust, a future, a partner and a confidant. I have a commitment (also known as a very sparkly ring). I have a best friend, and I have so much joy. (And sometimes I still have butterflies and tingles.)

Trev, you have been bringing out the best in me for the entirety of our relationship. You make me want to be better... a better Christian, a better friend, a better daughter, a better sister and just an overall better person. I have loved being your girlfriend, and now your fiance, and I just can't wait to be your wife. Happy (almost) anniversary! I love you.

2 comments: