Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

My men

Yesterday was a big day, the culmination of Father's Day and our first marriage anniversary. What a perfect chance to reflect on the two men I love more than anything in this world! Obviously I spent the better part of the day tearing up, because that's what I do best.


My dad: there is no one in my life who has had more of an influence on the person I am today. My love of being frugal, chewing only half a stick of gum at a time, obsessively watching 24, the necessity of popcorn with movie nights... all due to him. No one can make a better hot dog, give better advice, or make me laugh harder than he does. Without his example of what an encouraging, supportive, God-fearing husband should look like, I don't think I ever would have been brave enough to expect the bar to be so high for my future husband.


My husband: everything I ever thought to look for in a man, and then some. I am beyond grateful that Trevor--who without a doubt could have dated any girl he set his mind on--picked me 7+ years ago, and that even as time goes on, the romance comes and goes  in waves, and he learns more and more about all of my (many many) flaws, he continues to pick me on a daily basis. He is my very best friend and my definition of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment