Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dem girlz

Yesterday I got to go bridesmaid dress shopping with 3/4ths of my amazing bridesmaids (almost done!) and all day I thought about how lucky I am to have them. They are some of the most influential girls in my life and the greatest friends. Allow me to introduce (in alphabetical order, because Myspace and the Top 8 are so 2008):


Brianna: Brianna & I have been great friends since fourth grade, where we bonded over that manacala (or however you spell it) game that was all the rage. She is hilarious and gives great advice and I don't know where I'd be without her. Even though we go to different colleges and we don't get to see each other often, she's just one of those people that won't let that get in the way. When I get to hang out with her it's like no time has passed. This girl is always there for me. Plus she comes up with the best code names for boys, which is a necessary requirement for a best friend in junior high.



Christina: My very first friend. Christina and I have done it all together. From keeping each other entertained for hours in a "la la tree" (I don't even know), to praying away the devil through a Bakersfield thunderstorm on bicycles, to stealing wishes from Disneyland, to serving everywhere from downtown Bakersfield to Lower Fruitland to South Africa, to surviving high school (and all the drama that entails), to now planning a wedding, Christina has been there through every single important moment in my life and she's always ready and willing for a good overanalyzing sesh. I love my twin soul.



Hallie: It's hard for me to believe that I barely even knew Hallie until last school year. We had a lot of good times together, but I think it was our 10 hour marathon of Grey's Anatomy while eating vast amounts of Cashew Poppycock that sealed our friendship. Hallie quickly became one of my absolute favorite people, with her wit, great taste in movies and music, deep conversations and love for coffee and food in general. I can't even imagine my life without this girl now. (And I won't have to, because we're going to live in the same neighborhood and build underground tunnels and have block parties once a week.)



Lindsay: I've been grateful for the fact that Linds is my cousin more times than I can imagine. She's been there through it all, from searching for the icicle at Christmastime to memorizing the Parent Trap to learning how to play the Viking Game to enforcing all of our family traditions with me. She is the absolute best listener, gives great advice and I swear her hugs have healing powers. Linds has saved me countless times from what could have been dreadfully boring family get-togethers and effortlessly makes them events to look forward to. Simply put, she's not just my cousin, she's one the best friends I've ever had. (Plus she helped orchestrate the Trevor-Sarah relationship... worked out pretty well for me.)

Yeah, I'd say I'm pretty blessed. I love all of these girls so much that writing this post has made me feel like I'm about to explode. I can't wait to be able to share my wedding day with them!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I cannot even explain how blessed i am to know you and how excited i am to share in this AMAZING day!! I couldnt have asked for a better cousin/friend in my life! I love you immensely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Sarah!! This is so sweet...I kind of feel like it's the yearbook signing we never got to have :) But I still need to reveal my love to you in a personal, witty way. Belated engagement card to the rescue! It's going to happen when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete