Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

October 13, 2011

Trevor is the most romantic boy I know, and I love that about him. He put a ridiculous amount of thought and care into his proposal, and I still get this goofy grin on my face thinking about it.

I had known the proposal was coming for a few months now and every day I was a little more emotional about it... although the emotions varied on a day to day basis. Oh man, I seesawed between major anxiousness to pure giddiness to bitterness and even anger that it hadn't happened yet. I guess that the week of the proposal, I was tending to lean toward the giddy side, because Trev told me later that I was TOO happy. He was afraid that I knew it was coming, something that he could not have. So, and I quote, he felt he needed to "take me down a peg".

He did this crazy well. First, he told me that his brother Kyle was coming down to stay with him that week (which should have actually tipped me off, but instead just made me assume the proposal wouldn't be while Kyle was around). Second, he started dropping insanely subtle hints that it would be the following weekend, Fall Break--so subtle that I literally thought I was being brilliant for "figuring this out". Third, and the most ingenious, he got sick. I know Trev, and I know he likes things to be perfect if he can help it, and his being sick completely ruled out any upcoming proposal in my mind. And fourth, which seems to be the most entertaining in other peoples' minds, he began to pick little fights. Stupid, stupid things that were frustrating me to no end.

The proposal was on a Thursday, and we had California History together until 4:40 that afternoon. I actually caught Trev staring at me a couple times during class; I thought he was just being adorably sweet but unbeknownst to me, he was actually rehearsing his speech. Thinking about it afterwards, this maybe should have been another tip off, but like I said, Trevor is pretty romantic and he also likes to make me blush. After class, Trev said he had some errands to run and asked if I'd join. We went from place to place, Trev buying random things and picking tiny spats. By the time we got back to campus, I was annoyed to say the least. So when Trevor drove straight past my apartment, continuing down the hill and passing parking spot after parking spot, I had half a mind to think he was doing it just to further annoy me.  ...I was so wrong. And when he parked in front of a staircase leading down to the site of our first kiss and pulled out a blindfold, I realized exactly what had been going on.

And now for the pictures:









 


The best day of my life... so far. :) 195 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment